6D ATR-1 Flo Moto-X / Motocross Helmet - XL – Black / Neon Yellow
A True Game Changer. The 6D ATR-1 off-road motorcycle helmet has changed the industry forever. Introduced in 2013 it was the first motorcycle helmet ever manufactured incorporating technology that reduced angular acceleration and low-threshold impact energy transfer to the brain during crash impact. This was accomplished by 6D’s revolutionary Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) system.
The 6D ATR-1 was the “Game Changer” in 2013, and today it is still the most effective off-road helmet available for athletes looking for the ultimate in head protection. The ATR-1 is certified to exceed US DOT FMVSS 218 and ASTM F3103 (US), ECE 22.05 (47 Countries World-Wide), AS 1698 (Australia) and ACU (UK) standards.
ODS is designed to protect your brain over a broader range of impact energy, particularly low–threshold energy prevalent in most accidents. Low-threshold impact energy is the primary cause of concussion and second impact syndrome. Independent laboratory testing also confirms a significant reduction in angular acceleration energy with ODS. Angular acceleration is the primary cause of rotational brain injury, which is a potentially deadly and life-changing impairment.
The improved performance of 6D’s exclusive ODS technology can reduce the likelihood and propensity of concussion over traditional helmet designs. Although no helmet can protect you from all potential impacts or injury, the 6D ATR-1 was engineered to provide active free-motion capability within the helmet’s protective liner and exceed current relevant helmet standards.
The ATR-1's exclusive Air Gap cooling system incorporates 13 interior transfer ports, 8 intake ports, and 5 exhaust ports. The amount of time and energy devoted to moving air through 6D Helmets is second to none. Extensive front-to-back ventilation channels are fed by 3 large upper eyeport intake ports and 2 aggressive brow intake ports. These intake ports combined with chin bar vent openings channel cool air into the ATR-1’s air gap flushing hot air and moisture out the rear of the helmet.
- ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension) Technology
- Air-Gap Technology incorporates advanced air flow management system designed to provide significant air flow throughout the entire helmet
- Proprietary woven blend of advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fiberglass, and Kevlar shell
- Visor mounts flush with integrated recess into the outer shell surface
- Large eyeport opening provides excellent fitment of all popular motocross goggles
- Removable contoured roost guard provides additional protection from rocks and roost
- Integrated traction posts at the eyeport combine with a shell recess to keep your goggle strap secure
- Clavicle Cut-Away provides increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength
- Rear Delta Vent aids heat transfer by scavenging air from within the helmet
- Sternum Pad provides added protection of the chin, jaw, and sternum in the event of an accident
- Comfort Liner made from Genuine CoolMax anti-bacterial fabric with easy removal
- Emergency Release Cheek Pads provides easier access and helmet removal during emergency situations
- Replaceable mouth piece provides excellent roost protection and air flow
- Shear-away Visor Screws manufactured of engineered plastic rather than aluminum or titanium, allows the screws to shear more easily in the event of a high-stress impact or snag, improving rider safety
- Effective visor design blocks roost, vents aggressively and mounts securely
- Fully compatible with all neck braces
- Stainless steel screens protect all shell openings
- Titanium ‘D’ rings and chin strap rivets
- Exclusive 6D graphics
- Exceeds ECE and DOT standards
- Weight: +/- 1,525 grams
Whether you need some help with a product query such as sizing or have questions and comments about our services, our customer services team is here to help. You can contact us by phone, email, or live chat.
Phone: 01384 476 267
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.