In order to meet the requirements of modern XC bikes, the SID is now also available with a new, stiff 35 mm chassis, the new Charger Race Day damping with lockout and a DebonAir air spring specially tailored to the area of intended use , which has a higher spring deflection in every situation . With the fork, RockShox offers you a race-ready package with extremely low-friction SKF wiper seals and the Maxima Plush Damping Fluid for long-lasting, perfect function and a reduced noise level of your damping.
The new SID is lighter, stiffer and more powerful than ever before and gets you to your destination faster.
DebonAir: It's ok to be soft. The DebonAir technology has an extremely low breakaway torque to work as sensitively as possible right from the start. The first third of the suspension travel is designed to be particularly soft so that the rest can then be used as linearly as possible and even in the middle suspension travel range it can absorb small bumps perfectly. Late end progression reliably prevents bottoming out. All this together creates more traction and perfect control.
Charger Race Day: The evolution of the acclaimed Charger damper - the most advanced RockShox technology to date - raises its performance and sophistication to a whole new level of performance. The rebound is individually adjustable and the fork can be locked with the compression. The Charger Race Day is the lightest damping cartridge built by RockShox to date.
Bottomless tokens: Allows individual adjustment of the air chamber size. This allows you to perfectly match the spring characteristics of your fork to your riding style.
OneLoc: The OneLoc remote control gives you full control over your suspension elements. The optimized lever allows for a smooth, easy actuation. The diverse mounting options (left below or right above the handlebars) leave nothing to be desired and fit perfectly on every bike. By the way, you can also exchange the OneLoc remote control for the new TwistLoc remote control.
Maxle Stealth: Very light thru-axle which can be mounted and removed with a 6 mm Allen key. In addition to a clean look, it also saves some weight on the unsprung mass.
BOOST: An axle type with 110mm width and 15mm thru axle. The hub body, which is 10 mm wider, allows flatter spoke angles and thus enables a more stable and stiff impeller.
Torque caps: In order to improve the rigidity and steering precision of the entire system, the dropouts have been enlarged for the use of end caps with a diameter of 31 mm. A use with normal end caps is possible without any problems.
- Area of intended use : cross country, marathon
- E-bike ready: yes
- Wheel size: 29"
- Material fork crown/shaft: aluminium/aluminium
- Material standpipes: aluminum, 35 mm tapered wall, black anodized (Fast Black)
- Material for immersion tubes: magnesium
- Axle standard: 15 x 110 mm BOOST thru axle type (Maxle Stealth incl.)
- Steerer tube: tapered 1.5" to 1 1/8" (28.6mm to 40mm), approx. 230mm length (uncut)
- Travel: 120mm
- Spring system: DebonAir
- Adaptation of the spring characteristic: yes, via bottomless tokens (0 installed, max. 3 permitted)
- Damping: Charger Race Day, externally adjustable rebound, low-speed compression with 2 positions (open/lock)
- Lockout: OneLoc remote control
- Installation height: 531mm
- Brake Mount: Postmount (180mm)
- Max. permitted brake disc size: 220mm
- Tire diameter max.: 75 mm
- Tire width max.: 66mm
- Offset: 44mm
- Color: Blue
- Weight: 1596g (including thru axle and remote)