Shimano BR-M985 XTR / SM-RT98 Centre Lock Disc Rotor Including Lock Ring - 180mm
XTR SM-RT98 Ice-Tech rotors providing consistent braking performance through energy control, using revolutionary stainless steel/alloy 3-layer sandwich construction that manages heat while riding. The clad steel/alloy/steel rotor construction allows heat generated from braking to radiate quickly through the aluminium core achieving surface temperature drops of around 50 deg C. When used with Ice-Tech pads surface temperatures can drop from around 400 to 300 deg C, this provides great improvements in performance all round.
Underpowered brakes lead to defensive riding technique and, ultimately, to slower lap times. The XTR brake rotor, which encourages racers to attack technical downhill sections with confidence, leaving the competition squealing and squawking in the dust. Power is pointless if it can't be maintained. Heat buildup is the enemy of any brake system, and IceTech features including aluminium-core rotors help dump heat and maintain consistent power. These innovative Ice Tech brake rotors feature an aluminium core clad with stainless steel braking surfaces. The innovative design sheds weight, dissipate heat and dramatically improves overall performance.
- Ice-Tech rotors achieve long pad life, less noise and less fade due to improved heat dispersion
- Rotors are durable lightweight and rigid, using the proven Shimano Centre-Lock system giving increased strength and security with an easy set-up
- Precision cut and drilled braking surface improves pad clearing in muddy conditions while aiding cooling under high load
- Large alloy spider is a highly rigid and lightweight support for the rotor surface
- Super polished braking surface gives excellent braking performance
- Size: 180mm
- Includes lock ring
- Weight: 130g
Whether you need some help with a product query such as sizing or have questions and comments about our services, our customer services team is here to help. You can contact us by phone, email, or live chat.
Phone: 01384 476 267
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.